Thursday, July 30, 2009

Quilting Revisited

This spring I joined a quilt swap. I had to make 20 quilt squares with barns on them to swap with 20 other participants, each making different buildings and animals making up a Town. Chickens included!

.


There is a post office, school house, general store etc. I just received the package of squares this week and they are AMAZING!



I'm so glad to have started sewing again. Despite the limited space in here, it's been very rewarding (and I've gotten very good at setting up shop and breaking it down quickly!). Someone talked me into hosting a swap of my own. I think I might be too easy...

We hope 16 participants will make 16 holiday squares to swap. So far we have 12 swappers with many beautiful squares; a wreath, angel, trees to name a few.

I'm learning how to paper piece a snowman. What a cool method!



The snowmen will get details eventually...I'm trying to get the piece work done before school starts in August.

Want to join the swap? Check out this link http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=215816

I guess I can't figure out how to make a link within this post so if you want to join click the title "Quilting Revisited" and it will take you there...

No comments: